Saturday, December 18, 2010

Sparkles on my shoulders

Love the amazing detailing on this tunic thingy - so pretty and sparkly!













Not only is the dress super pretty but it's also so comfortable to wear, especially when you know your about to have a big meal! haha =)






Just before i left i found it to be super windy outside so i added the stockings, which i ended up taking off later anyways. Also i added the waist tie thingy because it was just a bit too shapeless. I really loved how a simple piece of fabric tied around the waist really brought this look together!



The most amazing part about this tunic dress thingo??? It was only $15 and from KATIES!!! I think it was meant to be a tunic but i bought it 3 sizes too big so i could wear it as a dress tunic on my shorty frame. Haha yes i really have found some amazing sale stuff there!

Funny story - my boyfriend was with me when i bought it and because he has become brand biased he thought i wouldn't be able to "pull off a katies item" especially in front of my fashion savvy friends. Well tonight i got compliments from all my friends on how flowy and pretty it was and NONE of them guessed it was from katies! Which of course i kept as my own little secret haha.

I love pulling cheapo or affordable outfits with high end accessories, so i wore this $15 katies dress with my CL simples and Chanel jumbo =)



Also i see my followers have increased to 16 - Yay! Thanks so much for following guys =). I also noticed that a couple of the new followers are bloggers who i greatly admire for their sense of fashion and enviable wardrobe so it's a great honour you've shown interest in my little blog! =)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny,

    Great idea, buying a bigger size item and adding the waist tie to give it more shape. You've inspired! i will definitely be keeping this in mind when I next go shopping.

    I also love doing the el cheapo + high end combo, it's agreat way for me to not contantly break the bank so my husband is all in favour of it too *LOL*

    Cheers
    M
    @ http://motherhoodcareerfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's such a great from Katies of all places. I love bargain finds in unexpected places.

    Loving your blog btw =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. BB that's extactly how i justify it to my boyfriend as well when i buy in my "investment" accessory pieces! When i "grow up" i hope i have as amazing a wardrobe as you do!

    Missklicious thank you for your kind comment! Your blog is pretty awesome as well =)

    ReplyDelete